Alrite well after your weekend winds down, throw this tune on to whatever you do on Sunday. Add this tune to your "Chill" playlist on itunes along with "Your My Disco". Cheers from J-Town. CLICK-SAVE-PLAY Superpumas-Fading
I recently moved my music folder from my portable harddrive to my 500GB harddrive, and in the process I imported some folders to my itunes. Amongst the endless tunes that I have neglected and forgotten. I found a song that just gets me in a really good mood. Its one of those songs that I can listen to over and over again. I originaly wanted to post this up on Friday to continue the disco tune that Easy posted some weeks ago. Hope you guys enjoy this song as much as I do. Girls play this when your getting ready, guys throw this on in your car on the way to pick up your girl, then play it all the way to the club, then make some disco lovin after....
Also has Border Noise approaches Tapekiller and Pastilla Digital are offering the chance to win some tickets to BN3! If any of you guys ar.e heading to J-Town for this enormous event click here for more info
Whether it be the experimental-leaning Mutek or Interface or the big room sounds of Creamfields, Mexico has become a strong player on the festival stage in the past few years. (With artist guarantees that boggle the mind, we can't blame 'em.) Bordernoise, which will hold its third edition in November, hews closer to the Creamfields template, but with a slightly more credible line-up. To wit: This year's line-up boasts Soulwax, Boys Noize, Adam Freeland, James Zabiela, Steve Lawler, Tiefschwarz and Audiofly. With a human-scaled three day agenda in place, we're betting that after Bordernoise that the region's reputation is only going to rise.
RA pick: Soulwax's live show is a sight to behold. Don't miss it.
What™: Lo Local presenta: 3rd Nu Kidz + Afternoize Anniversary
When™: Sabado, 25 de Octubre 2008 Where™: AURA Club (Morelos, Barrio Antiguo)
Warm Up™: Mr.Easy (Nu Kidz) Cd. Juarez, Mex.
Special Guest™: LOUDNOISES (Radioglobal + Nu Kidz) Tijuana, Mex.
Desde Tijuana Wero + Monchis son Loudnoises! Su sonido auto-descrito “Boomshakalaka” ha llegado a causar cierto grado de amnesia y algunos destellos de flashbacks en el fondo. Recuerdas el Unofficial Daft Punk Afterparty? o el reven de MSTRKRFT? Dentro de esos divertidos recuerdos están estas dos figuras llamadas Loudnoises. Ya te hizo click? Necesitas más? No hay problema. Loudnoises simplemente es el duo MÁS importante del movimiento en Tijuana y más dinámico y divertido de todo México. Después de una larga espera están de vuelta en Monterrey y vienen una vez más a llenarnos de huequitos y hacernos bailar como nuncaaaaa!
------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- LoLocal™: El León no es como lo pintan, en la entrada encontrarás un León albino para manifestar tu creatividad e imaginación en colores. Al final el León será rifado a uno de los kidz presentes!!!
Afternoize™: Los amantes del post-ruido invaden no solo la web y tus oídos, sino en esta ocasión celebrando su primero aniversario y que mejor festejarlo en grandeee con los Loudnoises!!!
NuKidz™: Cada vez somos más Nu Kidz, quien será el próximo? Del blog a la vida real entre nosotros andan rondando míticas figuras en la oscuridad. Tenemos más Nu Kidz stickers y sorpresas!!!
PipaDeColores™: Azul, Flecha, Rockstar o Autista puede ser tu próximo momento digital plasmado. Durante la noche estará presente como Digital Paparazzi documentando a todos los party.. Say Kiidzzzz!!!
Radioglobal™: El proyecto multimedia de música electrónica en internet hace presencia en Monterrey, simplemente los mejores DJ sets y playlists en la web, sintonizateee!!! -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Border Noise 3rd Edition.. Oct 31, Nov 1 & 2 of this year 2008. Cd. Juarez, Mexico. The amazingly awesome Line Up includes: Soulwax (Live!) 2 Many DJ's Boys Noize Adam Freeland Steve Lawler Tiefschwarz James Zabiela Audiofly
Still want more? Check out the complete details here Part of THIS weekend will never die!
---->Techno means Detroit $100 Hombres / $50 GRRLS *Chicas Gratis antes de las 12
2x1 Botellas y Cerveza antes de las 12! ! !
Music by: Warm up & After: ->Spin Laden (Cul n Sweet Collective) -->Danny E v.s. Teets (MIAU!) --->Da Cheeks n Milkman (MIAU! N Lactose)
AAAWEEESOOOOME!: ------>Dj Assault (Detroit n Atlanta)
Dj Assault A.K.A Craig Diamonds nació en Detroit pero habita en la cuna del CRUNK, Atlanta, pionero del género más indicado para el BOOTY SHAKING: GHE-TTO-TECH! 100% Detroit Techno. Es constantemenre recurrido en las pistas de Paris, y sus tracks son favoritos de Dj Mehdi, A-trak & ParaOne.
El Ghettotech, también conocido como el hermano (aún) más Nasty del Miami Bass, les va a tener moviendo el booty toooo-daaa la madrugada post-Kanye, con tracks ultra-awesomes como: ASS N' TITTIES, NYMPHO & YO' RELATIVES.
Les ponemos acá en el BLOG estas joyas de la música contemporánea y GEEET READYYY to shake dat A$$! nada mejor post-Kanye, sí o sí? Dont Miss! Dance to some real beats!
Hint Words: Detroit BASS, Ghettotech!!!!, Booty Bouncin', Hard House, 130Bpms, Hip Hop History in the makiiiiingggg.
So my long fun weekend included Yelle and Tepr this past Saturday at Noise and I had a chance to sit down and talk to Tepr about a couple of serious and silly questions. The party needless to say was a big succes, jumpin' kidz all around was more than proof. A big shout out to all the Nrmal kidz, who are definitively representing the nu scene in Monterrey!
Here is what Tepr had to say..
1. Who is Tepr? And what does Tepr mean? Tepr doesn’t mean anything for real, it just at first I was in a band, like an abstractive band inspired/influenced by DJ Shadow and stuff like that. And we were two and the band’s name was Abstract Kill A Gram, and I wanted to do my own stuff, my solo stuff and more club. And I was like writing letters to see what letters matches the most and T, E, P, R, came and Tepr was the best thing I found, and it was simple like four words so Tepr is just me and my real name is Tanguy. I have release 3 albums on a small French label called Idwet, and from 2003 to 2008 I have released three albums and I only do remixes and producing for all the people like Yelle.
2. How’s the Mexico tour gone so far? The Mexican tour is like amazing, we had a little sound problem yesterday in Mexico city but people are cool, and everyone is like waiting for us and we are really excited and really surprised about it, to see we made a couple of songs two years ago in a small room in France and two years later we are playing in front of two thousand people in Mexico city, it’s incredible.
3. Now for the music, what are you music influences? I guess in general terms is hip-hop to me, I was a huge fan and Wu Tang Clan and also all the stuff from New York, and also when I was like twelve Nirvana came with Nevermind and it was a blast like a huge big sound with guitar, screaming and Kurt Cobain so charismatic, so I was like OK I like rock band and hip-hop beats, and the thing that came to me was everything in music is a mix between the rock and the hip-hop. So Wu Tang Clan and Nirvana were the first big influences, then Beastie Boys came and it was also huge, and I decided into music because of Daft Punk and DJ Shadow and it was easier to produce music alone with computers.
4. Describe Tepr’s sound? My sound I guess I want it fun, but I also want it melodic, I like fat melodies, but I like bouncy beats a mix between all that.
5. What software/hardware does Tepr use to produce tracks? At first I was only using computer but I’m tired of synthesizers, now I use real keyboards like Minimoog and Juno and old stuff I really like it. Use Ableton and Reason like most of people too. I like to make mistakes while I records songs, you know why I play music to get excited.
6. Any new remixes on the works? I just did the new remix for Yelle called “Ce Jeu” cause I’am like the official remixer for Yelle’s singles, and I just did three remixes for Santogold and now I want to stop cause I want to work on my next album. And I'm also working with lead singer from Blonde Do Role called Marina on the next album, I’m producing two tracks.
7. Any thoughts on Carla Bruni? [Laughter] She’s the President’s wife, I used to not like her first album, I didn’t like the second album and I guess I will not like her third album, and she used to be beautiful but not beautiful now.
8. And finally, does Tepr know how to dance Tecktonik? [Laughter] No, I don’t know how to dance Tecktonik, in fact the Tecktonik story is funny cause I did a remix for Yelle and the guy who worked with us in the label just said: “hey there’s some cool dancers, new stuff in France we have to do video with those guys and they like Yelle and they want to do something with Yelle, can we do something with your remix, Yelle and the dancers” We said yes, we don’t have money to do big video clip, and they said we don’t need a lot of money to have them dance on the track and it was the first Tecktonik video clip so were completely surprised.
Sooo after a very interesting and sleep deprived weekend, Surkin and Paraone were in TJ on Friday and We played to the Juarez kids in hardpop on saturday, so... good times...
We put together this little mixtape for Juarez (just because they are the greatest crowd in mexico, it's true everybody says so...) LOUD NOISES MIXTAPE NO.2
Playlist is as follows...
1.- The presets - Talk like that (Jence Remix) 2.-Revolte - Guess What 3.- Fatboy Slim - Rengade Master (Loud Noises Edit) 4.- Fake Blood - Mars 5.- Lazaro Casanova - Venganza (Felix Cartal - Remix) 6.- Wiley - Sumertime (Crookers Remix) 7.- Nortec - Brown Bike (Loud Noises remix) 8.- Das Pop - Underground (Busy P remix) 9.- The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful - (Sebastian remix) 10.- Le Corps de mince de francoise - Bitch of the bitches (russ chimes remix) 11.- Alphabeat - Boyfriend (Dave Spoon remix) 12.- Les petits pilous - Wake up 13.- Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (armand Van Helden remix) 14.- Hot Chip - hold on( Switch LDN remix) 15.- Sinden - HArdcore Girls 16.- Yuksek - I like to play
I just want to take a moment and wish a good friend, fellow DJ and Nu Kidz blogger.. Mr. Oktavio a very very happy birthday! Hope you have a great time, Wero get'im blasted this weekend and have lots of fun. A big shout out to all the HardPop addicts in Juarez. Here's an excellent tune for such times like this.